Manufacturers rely on adhesive tape converters to provide accurate and functional adhesive components. These components should not only serve a functional need, they should become an investment and provide value to the project or the businesses bottom line.
Adhesive components should:
- Improve production rates by making assembly easier.
- Improve the performance of products by leveraging the technology of the adhesive to its fullest potential.
- Protect finished surfaces from scratches and harm so that your organization isn’t faced with product returns and rework costs.
The Reality of Working With Most Adhesive Tape Converters
Most adhesive tape converters don’t take the time to ask questions and understand their customer’s process. You can send them a technical drawing for an adhesive component and they'll quote the product exactly as is without hesitation. This prevents them from being able to provide you a solution that does more than solve a problem but creates positive business outcomes.
Reduced labor costs, increased productivity, eliminated waste, these outcomes should be expected when working with converters. If your converter blindly accepts the projects you give them or doesn’t take time to understand the use case, this should be an immediate red flag.
Working with Strouse
The discovery phase has become a staple in our engineering and design process. The questions that you will be asked may include:
- What are you trying to accomplish by using adhesives?
- Why is this critical to your project?
- Are you currently able to solve this issue, even if it’s a temporary solution?
- If you have a temporary solution, why isn’t this feasible long-term?
- If you don’t have a temporary solution, how have you tried to solve this challenge?
- What happens to your product/project/business if you can’t find a solution?
- When do you need a solution by? What are the consequences of not meeting this date?
- Can you explain your current assembly process? (if applicable)
- Do you use machine automation or hand-assembly?
- How do you envision adhesive components fitting into your process?
- Why are you specifying a specific adhesive? Have you considered others that may perform better or be more cost effective?
- What are the critical dimensions and tolerances that need to be met in your solution?
These questions, and many more help paint a picture for our engineers. It is a true discovery phase that provides the background needed to design a solution that fits into your process and creates outcomes that positively impact your return on investment.
Experience in Manufacturing Thousands of Solutions Each Year
It’s rare that we find two organizations that use the same exact process for manufacturing, so each project we work on is unique. Our engineers design solutions based on the discovery process and rely on Sample Express to create multiple prototype solutions for a single project. This allows you to test fit sample parts to determine the best solution that not only gets the job done but serves as a high performance, efficient and cost saving solution for the long term.
Sample Express is a minimal cost, minimal commitment rapid prototype program that can provide you sample parts in 48 hours or less. It’s great for projects with tight-deadlines and to evaluate multiple solutions for a single challenge.
The next time you are working with an adhesive tape converter be sure they are asking you these types of discovery questions. It’s a critical part of the process of working with an experienced adhesive converter. It will show you that they are more interested in providing you a solution that will benefit you and your project than just blindly accepting your business.
Learn more about Strouse and what it’s like to work with an adhesive tape converter that focuses on creating positive business outcomes for your organization in our ebook Working with Strouse.