Industrial, Electronic, and Aerospace Applications
Metal tape and foil adhesive tapes (aluminum, copper, stainless steel) solve unique applications and can help with EMI and RFI shielding, aircraft paint stripping, sound and vibration suppression, and much more.
Strouse customizes these materials to include a tab or extended liner, making hand assembly more efficient, and also cuts for proper automated assembly.
FOIL ADHESIVE FEATURES
Foil adhesive and metal tape features:
- Thermal management
- Flame resistant
- Weather and UV resistant
- Resistance to most chemicals
- Heat and light reflective
- Efficient heating or cooling
- Tear and puncture resistant, tough backing
- Industrial strength bonding
- Cold temperature and high humidity bonding
- And more
TAPE TYPES AND PRODUCTS
Foil adhesive tapes:
- Aluminum Foil Tape — low-cost and conformable; provides flame and smoke resistance, UV chemical resistance, and vapor sealing; withstands many environmental conditions; popular aluminum foil tapes: 3M 425 Aluminum Foil Tape, 3M 431 Foil Tape, 3M 433 Foil Tape, Avery Dennison 800 Series
- Copper Foil Tape — lightweight and conformable; provides resistance to heat, oils, solvents, oxidation, and corrosion; very flexible and easy to handle; popular copper foil tapes: 3M 1181 Copper Foil Shielding Tape, 3M 3313 Conductive Copper Foil Tape, 3M 1194 EMI Copper Foil Shielding Tape
- Stainless Steel Tape — conformable, lightweight, flexible, easy to handle, non-corrosive and non-magnetic bond to other metals and high surface energy substrates; performs well in a wide range of temperatures; a popular stainless steel tape selection is 3M 3361Foil Tape
Various backing materials include aluminum foil, aluminum foil laminated to glass cloth, aluminum urethane, copper foil, lead foil, polypropylene film, silver polypropylene film, stainless steel, and more.