About The Position
The Videographer position is responsible for producing video content for Strouse that aligns and supports the company’s brand, mission, and goals. As the visual storyteller for our company, the Videographer is responsible for storyboarding, shooting footage and editing, managing creative assets, and maintaining all video equipment. This also includes the technical tasks related to production and post-production. Duties may include setup and operation of equipment; and assisting with staging, set preparation, and dressing. This position will work closely with the VP of Marketing to execute projects from concept through completion.
- Determine what camera equipment is necessary and obtain equipment if needed.
- Setup and operate production equipment, including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Collect b-roll footage and interview the appropriate staff and/or clients.
- Ensure lighting positions, sound enhancement, and proper recording equipment are in place to capture the best images in various locations.
- Record footage for staged and unscripted scenes.
- Assist in developing interview questions and storyboards.
- Read, review, and edit scripts and determine the best method for producing video from the script.
- Collaborate with subject matter consultants and train staff to evaluate and plan productions.
- Support the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to management
- Responsible for single-camera shoots
- Cut and edit images to remove bad or extraneous footage, to add effects such as graphics or transitions, and to create a professional video product.
- Assist in the social-sharing of the video content.
- Assist in maintaining the video hosting platform and understand best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with all new technological advances (VR,AR, etc.) and recommend equipment purchases, upgrades, or replacements.
- Support the digital marketing strategy and assist with general marketing efforts as assigned.
- Contribute to the creation, improvement, implementation, documentation, and performance of the processes and procedures of The Strouse Corporation Quality Management System.
- Embody Strouse’s values through respect and continual focus on process improvement and customer delivery excellence.
- Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated proficiency in shooting video.
- Proven experience in working with a team, with a mindset and goal in developing the best video content.
- Ability to learn new skills and determine ongoing learning opportunities for film techniques.
- An open mind about video production, with the ability to make Strouse’s video strategy a reality.
- Owns the production process and does what it takes to make great content
- Self-starting and treating the brand as their own.
- Deals well with criticism and can collect feedback easily.
- Great communication skills and ability to interview and make people comfortable. Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera.
- Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a video.
- Project management skills to manage video schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting
- Understand basic and advanced composition techniques
- Understand the fundamentals of branding
- Very detail oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Teamwork and effective communication.
The physical demands described herein are those that must be met by an employee (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the essential functions of the Videographer position successfully:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to lift products and supplies, up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication or Video Production; or experience necessary to prove ability to perform described duties required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex technical topics
- Some manufacturing and/or adhesive experience
- Experience with Adobe After Effects or Motion
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator