About The Position
Daytime position with option for 4/10 scheduling, or five 8 hours shifts! Training provided, with opportunities for career growth!
The Receiving Specialist position is in the logistics department and is responsible for all incoming freight and is a key player in making sure receiving counts are correct and product is located properly. This position is also responsible for performing as backup to Shipping Specialist.
- Receive all incoming shipments. Follow procedures for checking incoming shipments; enter all pertinent information into the ERP.
- Implement quality control procedures by inspecting products entering the plant using quality checks as defined by company policy and procedures.
- Notify Quality Department when return authorizations come in as well as process returns from Strouse to our vendors when needed.
- Conduct inventory of products (i.e.; finished goods, boxed goods) monthly.
- Maintain receiving log for items that do not have a PO.
- Wrap pallets, load trucks, and assist courier services.
- Perform pallet and cardboard management.
- Act as a backup to the Shipping Specialist.
- Assist shipping when there is a high volume or high priority need.
- Perform Material Handling tasks as requested, to support the Setup and Supply Team.
- Contribute to the creation, improvement, implementation, documentation, and performance of the processes and procedures of The Strouse Corporation Quality Management System.
- Embody Strouse’s values, through respect, and continual focus on process improvement and customer delivery excellence.
- Attention to Detail
- Good communication, problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Teamwork and effective communication.
The physical demands described herein are those that must be met by the employee (with or without reasonable accommodation) to successfully perform the essential functions of the Receiving Specialist position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects that weight 50 to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lift Truck Certification (Strouse will provide the training- Receiving Specialist must pass within first 30 days)
- Computer Proficiency: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Proficiency in Mathematics and Conversions
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1-2 Years of Experience in Warehouse Environment
- Experience with Process Improvement
- Licensed Lift Truck Operator
- Data Entry Experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. All employees are expected to perform other duties as assigned to support Strouse’s growing, and fast paced business. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.