About The Position
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Manager, President, and cross-functional teams, overseeing the reception area, and coordinating internal and external engagement activities. The Administrative Assistant recognizes the importance of relationships and communication with the various departments and the public. The Administrative Assistant acts as an Ambassador of Strouse by embracing Strouse’s values and company culture.
- Assist the President with managing their schedule, communicating with other employees, filing documents, and other administrative tasks.
- Schedule and organize meetings, including the arrangement of supplies, food, beverage, or other items requested.
- Oversee and maintain the reception and conference room areas; coordinate, greet and direct visitors in a professional manner.
- Operate phone system, maintain customer and employee listings.
- Create content and maintain the reception and breakroom monitors, to welcome customers and facilitate employee communications and engagement.
- Manage office and kitchen supplies.
- Take care of office plants and maintain a clean and professional workspace.
- Manage the contracting of service: landscaping, cleaning, vending machines, and furniture.
- Maintain Agreement files including Mutual Confidentiality Agreements, Contractor Agreements, Gym Waivers, and other required documentation.
- Compile and distribute business documents, mail, correspondence, and paperwork including faxing, copying, and collating.
- Record payments in Quick Books for receivables, filing paid invoices from customers and maintaining a file system for all companies.
- Provide back-up to Customer Service as a cross-functional team. Including completion of credit references, and servicing accounts.
- Facilitate positive customer and vendor relations by tasks such as: thank you notes, holiday gifts, etc.
- Maintain samples and marketing materials.
- Assist in planning for tradeshows, customer visits.
- Purchase promotional items for customer and employee appreciation.
- Respond to web leads in a timely manner and facilitate transfer to the appropriate Territory Manager.
- Provide assistance to Human Resources while upholding confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinate employee engagement activities with Human Resources and organize meetings/events for business functions.
- Maintain Employee Publicity Consent Forms and take Engagement photos.
- Communication skills include but are not limited to, talking to others to convey information effectively. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Discerning appropriate information to communicate, exercising sound judgment, and upholding confidentiality and ethical practice at all times.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for presenting, promoting, and selling products. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Good communication, problem-solving, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Teamwork and effective communication.
- High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of related work experience.
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office Products
- Effective Communication Skills
- Commitment to Ethical Practice
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years related experience
- Experience completing administrative HR tasks
- Experience using Quick Books
- Customer Service experience
The physical demands described herein are those that must be met by an employee (with or without reasonable accommodation) to successfully perform the essential functions of the Administrative and Marketing Assistant position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.