Microfluidic devices are expected to perform as patients and caregivers alike depend on your devices to provide accurate test results. Not only is it crucial to use trusted materials in the construction of your products, but it’s equally important to work with a trusted partner that has the converting expertise in medical and healthcare manufacturing so that your microfluidic device can deliver consistent and reliable performance, lot after lot.
Technological advancements in medical adhesive materials has driven innovation for blood glucose strips, lateral flow assays, and devices used for clinical, molecular, immunoassay diagnostics. Manufacturers rely on the capabilities of adhesive tape converters to best utilize the technology that pressure sensitive adhesives can provide. As a specialty converter, Strouse takes large format rolls of adhesives and films and converts them into usable components. Our ISO 7 certified cleanroom ensures the quality of the materials and converted product. Our Quality Management System registered to the ISO 9001 standard ensures the highest level of consistency of our manufactured products and outlines the necessary processes and procedures to deliver accurate tight-tolerance adhesive solutions that are required for medical devices and the FDA.
Strouse works with advanced materials for microfluidic devices including:
- Bioassay compatible tapes for use in PCR, qPCR and ELISA, that are designed to minimize the potential for chemical and optical interference.
- Hydrophilic films for fluid transport including specialty coatings and materials that enable efficient flow of fluids through capillary channels. 3M’s Surfactant Free Hydrophilic Technology offers a chemically inert solution that minimizes the potential of testing interference or bias.
- Films and specialty materials for solutions such as membranes, polyester films, coatings, engineered fluids, and more.
- Spacer tapes with low build-up of residue to ensure the thickness of the material meets the specifications and requirements of your device to ensure capability with your chemistry.
- Porous membranes used for filtration
- Electronic assembly tapes
- And more!
Strouse is a 3M Preferred Converter of 3M Medical Materials and Technologies. We can leverage our partnership with the global leader in adhesives to provide samples of materials in the dimensions and format you need for testing. We work with our customers to help them scale production in a cost-effective and efficient manner to meet demand. As a 3M Preferred Converter, we pass benefits along to our customers including competitive pricing, custom quantities, rapid turnaround, access to 3M specialists and support, as well as access to the latest 3M technology. Learn more about the advantages or working with a 3M Preferred Converter.
Popular 3M Microfluidic Tapes:
- 3M 9793R Diagnostic Microfluidic Medical Tape
- 3M 9795R Advanced Polyolefin Diagnostic Microfluidic Medical Tape
- 3M 9792R Aluminum Diagnostic Microfluidic Medical Tape
- 3M 9964 Clear Polyester Diagnostic Microfluidic Medical Tape
- 3M 9965 White Polyester Double Sided Diagnostic Microfluidic Medical Tape
- 3M 9960 Diagnostic Microfluidic Hydrophilic Film
- 3M 9962 Diagnostic Microfluidic Hydrophilic Film
- 3M 9984 Diagnostic Microfluidic Surfactant Free Fluid Transport Film
- 3M 9969 Diagnostic Microfluidic Adhesive Transfer Medical Tape
Ask our engineers about adhesive solutions for your design and they will help you deliver accurate and easy to use components for applications including layered materials for biosensors, integrated consumables for lab on a chip applications, diagnostic consumables, devices incorporating microfluidics and much more.
Get started today by asking an engineer!